AJAR.id – Hello Ajarian! In most hotels, the compiling of reservation statistics and the production of reports and records occurs during the night shift – between 11:00 pm and 7:30 am – because this is traditionally the quietest period.
Some hotels print many reports which are distributed to numerous departments, and some properties produce a lot less for more limited distribution. The reports, records, and statistics give managers an overview of the trade, enable them to track progress, analyze their performance, plan for future events and needs, and identify trends.
There are many reservation reports and records (also known as statistics and/or statistical analysis) that are produced. These can include:
- Arrivals Report/Arrivals List – This is an alphabetical listing of guests arriving on a specific day.
- No Show Report – This is a list of guests who have made a booking but did not show on the day.
- Room Status Report – This is a list giving the status of every guest room – vacant clean/room ready, vacant dirty, occupied or out of order.
- Occupancy Forecast Report – This is usually printed for a month (the next 30 days). It is used as an indication of the occupancy percentage expected for the next month. This forecast will change according to additional bookings and cancellations.
- Average Room Rates Report...