AJAR.id – Hello Ajarian! With the tourism industry playing a pivotal role in growing the economy of countries in most regions, it is not surprising that a range of industry specific bodies have been established to cater to the needs of industry. These different industry bodies have different roles and functions; however they share a common goal. This is to ensure the tourism industry:
- Provides a safe and secure offering to its customers
- Is regulated and operates in a legal and compliant manner
- Provides quality products and services to its customers
- Employs staff who have the necessary knowledge, skill relevant to the current industry needs and expectations.
What are the major tourism industry bodies?
- Ministries of Tourism
Each country within the ASEAN region will have a dedicated government ministry specifically focused on the tourism industry. Their role is to regulate and manage the industry.
A Ministry of Tourism is normally responsible for the formulation of national policies and programs and for the co-ordination of activities of various governments and the private sector for the development and promotion of tourism in the country.
The Ministry may co-ordinate special initiatives including:
- Dedication and allocation...