AJAR.id – Hello Ajarian! There may be times when service staff identify a problem they cannot rectify, or come across a recurring problem in the room. When this occurs, it is necessary for the appropriate person to be notified immediately. The appropriate person will be the supervisor, duty manager, manager or owner.
Recurring problems may be:
- A piece of equipment keeps failing
- Refrigeration that fluctuates in temperature or doesn’t reach the required temperature
- Always running out of crockery, cutlery or glassware
- Always running out of forms or pens
- Delays in production
- Miscommunication between customer and wait staff
- Circuit breakers constantly cutting in and cutting off power
- Heating or cooling that doesn’t seem to respond to thermostats
- The floor plan always gets lost
- The need for a new piece of equipment to complete a specific task more efficiently. Perhaps the present method could be too slow and may not keep up with the demands of increased trade
- Any health and safety issue
- Always running out of a particular product
- Always running out of ice for the ice buckets or beverage service
- Always running out of menus or wine lists
- Need for more cleaning items and equipment.
Reporting these problems by phone or face to face are the preferred options as they enable imminence. In some instances, a written report or special form may need to be completed.
Read also: Why Waiters Must Communicate with Cashier?
Nurturing You to Grow®
Written by: Alan Hickman, Nick Hyland
Subject Matter: Provide food and beverage services