AJAR.id – Hello Ajarian! In Russia and Ukraine mostly used poppy seed for their cake and pastry filling. Poppy seed filling can be used in various bakery products, such as cookies, strudel, coffee cake and many more.
In order to make poppy seed filling, you need to prepare these ingredients:
- 75g Milk
- 125g Poppy seeds, crushed
- 100g Sugar
- 40g Butter
- 50g Egg
- 50g Marzipan
- 50g Cake crumbs
- 5g Cinnamon
- Boil the milk and stir in the poppy seeds
- Mix marzipan with butter and eggs
- Add remaining ingredients and blend together
- Place into a container and cover, chill until required
You can make poppy seed filling a week in advance before using it. So, you can store it for stock until it’s required.
Nurturing You to Grow!
Written by: Alan Hickman, Garry Blackburn
Subject Matter: Prepare Bakery Products for Patisserie