AJAR.id – Hello Ajarian! Each gateaux, tortes and cakes always have their own recipe on how the product should be assembled. It is your job as a pastry chef to learn it.
Here is the list of techniques you have to learn before assembling gateaux, tortes and cakes:
Beside learning techniques, you should consider these things below too before assembling and decorating the products:
- Is the product going to be sold in one piece?
- Is the product going to be served in house?
- Can the product be cut easily?
- When cut, will all the slices look the same?
- Will the customers get equal looking serves?
Nurturing You to Grow!
Written by: Alan Hickman, Garry Blackburn
Subject Matter: Prepare and Present Gateaux, Tortes and Cakes