AJAR.id – Hello Ajarian! There may be times when the guest will only require an additional piece of equipment for a certain time span – a short-term loan. When this item is placed in the room, it may be a good idea for you to reach an agreement with the guest about the collection time for that item.
The main reasons to identify a time for collection for these items are:
- To allow the guest to be able to plan their stay with us – it saves them wondering what is going to happen in relation to the item: they know what’s going to and happen and can plan accordingly
- To prevent the situation where the guest may place the item in the corridor outside their door – minimizing the chance of damage to the item, or theft
- To give the guest space in their room – unwanted items take up space that the guest may want to use for something else
- To allow the asset to be put back into inventory and available for use by another guest if the need arises.
In relation to agreeing on a time for collection of these short-term (or other) loan items:
- The arrangement to pick up should be made as a suggestion rather than a requirement – the central idea is to provide service not to set limitations or ‘tell the guest what to do’
- Guests should be encouraged to contact housekeeping and arrange for an extension of...