AJAR.id – Hello Ajarian! Whilst providing advice is very helpful in helping a guest to use and enjoy items in a rooms, quite often you will be required to demonstrate how an item is used.
As mentioned in the previous article, quite often a guest may not speak your language and the only way to get your message across is to demonstrate.
Whilst it is important that you demonstrate an item in a clear and concise manner, it is vital that the guest understands the demonstration and is able to perform the task themselves.
Keys to providing a demonstration
When providing a demonstration, make sure to:
- Demonstrate the operations and functions – so that guests can see what you have been talking about
- Show the guests where the in-room instructions are – point out the instructions in the in-room compendium, or posted on the walls of the room. If relevant operating instructions are not available in-room, make an effort to get them from somewhere else in the premises
- Take your time – don’t rush the explanations. Be prepared to explain things twice. Be prepared to explain things a different way, using different words or phrases if necessary
- Give them an opportunity to try things out while you are there – to give them confidence and to allow you extra opportunity to assist
- Encourage them to contact you...