AJAR.id – Hello Ajarian! Whilst the majority of requests involve items to be taken to the room, there are times when requests involve items being taken from the room. This type of request must be fulfilled in a timely manner.
To service a guest request effectively, you may need to pick up items from the guest room such as:
- Room features including furniture, appliances or amenities not being used
- Housekeeping items and equipment that have been left behind
- Towels, face washers and bath mats that are now dirty and need replacing
- Toilet paper, tissues, and other bathroom and guest supplies that have run out
- A replacement item – to take the place of something that isn’t working
- Items that are no longer needed but which have been specially requested previously.
- Guest items requiring further action such as dry cleaning, storage or repair.
Keys in collecting items
It is vital to understand that if you have made a promise to pick something up at an appointed time, the guest is expecting you to arrive at that time.
They have probably changed their plans, re-arranged things to accommodate this, and are waiting: and every minute they wait past the scheduled time seems like an hour and their level of frustration. They can’t get on with what they want to get on with until you arrive! So,...