AJAR.id – Hello Ajarian! On occasions departing guests may ask your advice about where to stay, or obtaining a reservation, at their next destination. Try and sell your own company if you have a property in the next destination.
If not, this is an excellent opportunity to provide customer service and also a selling opportunity as the property will usually gain a commission when making a reservation on behalf of the guests.
To accommodate guest needs you will need to:
- Identify their destination
- Determine the style and quality of the hotel they wish to stay in
- Find out if they have a preference as to the hotel they want to stay with
- Use your industry knowledge coupled with information available (such as details available through brochures, guides and the electronic information contained within a CRS)
- Advise the guest of their available options and gain agreement as to their preferred option
- Contact the hotel – usually by telephone – and make inquiries, lodging the booking where suitable accommodation is available
- Obtain a booking number for the reservation and, if agreed by the guest, guarantee the booking
- Pass the details of the booking in hard copy form on to the guest
- Thank the guest for their booking.
When the guest has departed, follow internal procedures to ensure that your property...