AJAR.id – Hello Ajarian! Fudge icing is a mixture of icing sugar and fat blended together with the addition of some water. You can use fudge icing to cover cakes by piping and shaping it as desired.
In order to make fudge icing, you need to prepare these ingredients:
- 500g Icing sugar
- 100g Butter or white shortening
- 50ml Water
- Colour as required
- 650g Total weight
- Sift icing sugar and place into bowl
- Add fat, this should be at room temperature, (approximately 20ºC)
- Blend until the two ingredients come together
- When they have combined whip some air into the mixture to lighten
- Slowly add water until extra volume is achieved
- There may not be a need to use all the water.
Fudge icing has a thick and rich texture, it goes well with many desserts. Using fudge icing to complement your pound cake or any other cakes is definitely a good idea!
Read also: 5 Qualities of High-Quality Bakery Products
Nurturing You to Grow®
Written by: Alan Hickman, Garry Blackburn
Subject Matter: Prepare bakery products for patisserie