AJAR.id – Hello Ajarian! Comprehensive, accurate and up-to-date knowledge is the basis of all effective promotion of products and services. This article introduces what product and service knowledge may relate. Gaining a broad product knowledge is vital in a hotel required to promote and sell products and services to potential customers.
What is product knowledge means?
Product knowledge is a generic term referring to knowledge about:
- Products sold
- Services provided
- The venue
- Policies of the hotel
Procedures used within the business
- Protocols guiding the operation of the venue
- Local attractions, services, facilities and events, festivals and infrastructure.
Examples of product knowledge
There is no limit about what product knowledge covers and it can address knowledge about:
- The brands, sizes and differing qualities and types of physical products the venue sells.
- Items on the food and drink menus – look, taste, cost, and ingredients.
- The credit cards accepted by the business and the payment options available to customers to pay for items and services they purchase.
- Staff and management at the venue including various roles and responsibilities of individual employees.
- Operational matters such as deposits for bookings, charges for use...