AJAR.id – Hello Ajarian! Another special request for a tea is serving it with ice. It is true that a glass of an iced tea is commonly requested by any guest, especially in a hot afternoon. So, is it worth making nice of it in terms of a hotel food service?
Where a standard recipe does not exist, a method is:
- Select the appropriate glassware – iced tea is traditionally served in a glass cup or mug as opposed to a teacup;
- Make a quarter of a cup of strong tea using black tea;
- Place tea in shaker full of ice;
- Shake and strain into a glass full of fresh ice;
- Garnish with a slice of lemon;
- Sugar syrup served to customer if requested, in preference to serving granulated sugar.
Sugar syrup is also known as gomme syrup. The recipe for sugar syrup can vary so find out what applies where you work.
One of the options will include 500 mls of water and 500 gms of sugar – heat together in a pot, stirring to assist the dissolving of the sugar. Allow to reach the boil. Remove and allow cooling. Refrigerate, cover and store for later use
In addition to its convenience, specifically in hot days, the way you choose the glassware and its accoutrements will give better improvement (and appealing) on its attractiveness.
Read also: The Way that You Make Herbal Tea
Nurturing You to Grow®
Written by: Alan Hickman
Subject Matter: Prepare and Serve Non-alcoholic Beverages