AJAR.id – Hello Ajarian! Before the serviceET period started, you need to prepare the payment tools used to receive payment. It can be a cash register and associated items like ETPOS machines. In this article, we will dive more into it.
Prepare cash register
A cash register is a machine that is used to accurately record transactions – both charges and methods of payments, issue accounts and receipts and to store cash and non-cash payments.
Once the float has been securely stored in the cash register it is important to prepare the register area. Tasks to be performed include ensuring there is an adequate supply of:
- Cash register paper
- Receipt paper
- Account folders
- Ink cartridge
- Plastic coin bags
- Sweets or other gifts normally presented with accounts to customers
- Rubbish bins
- Spare paper
- Currency exchange sheet, if foreign currency is permitted to be used for settlement of transactions.
The final task to be performed to ensure the cash register is ready for use is to undertake a ‘reading’ to ensure that the previous service period transactions have been closed off.
Preparing associated payment tools
Besides the cash register there are other machines that must be checked before the start of the shift. These include:
- ETFPOS machines
- Manual credit card machines
- In addition, it is important to have a clear understanding of information that may affect cashiering duties for the day including:
- Function sheets including event items, pricing, contact names and authorisation information
- Methods of payment for VIP or special groups or customers
- Prices for new menu items, specials of the day or promotions.
Nurturing You to Grow!
Written by: Alan Hickman, Nick Hyland
Subject Matter: Take Food Orders and Provide Table Service