AJAR.id – Hello Ajarian! Closing down a conversation can seem like bad manners if not done appropriately, and the last thing you want is to be perceived as rude or hurtful. When you want a conversation to end, you should make the other person think the conversation was enjoyable.
You definitely don’t want a customer to think he or she is an undesirable conversation partner. Experts say that proper endings include a few exchanges, not just one quick one. In business, a variety of strategies can be used to help with this process including:
- Giving a positive comment
- Outlining a summary or plan.
Examples of positive comments:
- I hope you enjoy your stay/tour.
- I hope to see you again soon.
- Thank you for staying at Acme Hotel.
- Enjoy your trip.
- Have a great time.
Examples of a summary or plan:
- I will make sure to call you at 7am tomorrow morning.
- I will meet you in the lobby at 8pm.
- I will arrange everything and call you to confirm.
- The bus will leave tomorrow at 6am.
- The taxi will be waiting for you at 5pm.
A tip for ending a conversation especially if it’s with a client is to ask if you will meet the other person at a future event. You may say, "I've really enjoyed talking with you. Will you be at the next meeting? This statement...