AJAR.id – Hello Ajarian! Chocolate is a very common ingredient used in any dessert. It is very versatile and you can craft chocolate into many forms. Before you start using chocolate to produce fillings, coatings, and decorations, make sure that you have all the utensils and equipment at hand for preparing your recipes.
Equipment may include:
- Trays – Trays are used to carry several molds for ease of handling. Rather than making four trips to cooling area it is easier to make one. Basically, there are two types of trays: trays for filled molds and for de-molded chocolates. All these trays will have to food standard. Trays in professional organizations need to be the same size.
- Racks – Racks are required for holding trays and if on wheels makes moving around the kitchen easier.
- Bowls – Various sizes are required for mixing ingredients and holding tempered chocolate. Stainless Steel is recommended but good quality food grade plastic or polycarbonate can be used as well.
- Mixing machine – Some of the fillings may have to be mixed before they are incorporated into the chocolate.
- Scales – Electronic scales are modern equivalent of older style balance scales. No matter the types used they need to be calibrated to ensure recipe consistency and formula balance.
- Rolling pins – Rolling pins are used to roll pastes to a consistent thickness and this is best achieved by using bars either side of the paste that is the required thickness.
- Molds – Molds of various types will be required. Polycarbonate is the modern standard as the old tinplate was harder to keep clean and rust free.
- Rings – Many shapes may be required to hold molten fillings to shape until setting has been achieved.
All equipment must be cleaned before and after each use. Do not use dirty equipment as it may cause contamination.
Read also: 3 Methods of Tempering Chocolate
Nurturing You to Grow®
Written by: Alan Hickman, Garry Blackburn
Subject Matter: Prepare chocolate and produce chocolate products