AJAR.id – Hello Ajarian! The job of a room attendant quite often goes unnoticed as their job is performed when the guest is not in the room. That said, the services they provide are experienced by every guest who stays in the hotel. Every guest will use most aspects of the room. They will sleep in the bed, clean their teeth at the basin, use the toilet and walk on the floor.
After any major cleaning activity, it is important that the room is ready for use. You have to make sure that every aspect of the room is functional and appealing.
Therefore, before leaving a guest room the following items should be checked, visually inspected and confirmed:
- All equipment is in correct operational order.
- All equipment is re-set – clock radio, video, telephone volume, etc. Always check the alarm clock and re-set where necessary to ‘Off’; many guests have had a good night’s sleep interrupted at 4:30 AM by an alarm set by the previous guest!
- All crockery, cutlery, and glassware is clean and replaced.
- All light bulbs are operational.
- Bed has been made properly and looks attractive.
- All picture frames are straight.
- All furniture is in the correct location.
- Bathroom is clean and all stock replenished.
- Refrigerator is clean, turned on and restocked as required (fresh water, milk, ice cubes).
- All guest...