AJAR.id – Hello Ajarian! As environmental considerations have become increasingly important, so too has concern over the disposal of chemicals gained in significance.
There will be a need to dispose of cleaning chemicals when:
- Chemicals have become dated
- Containers have lost their labels and you don’t know what’s inside. Rather than guessing at what it is and risk using it inappropriately and unsafely
- You decide to discontinue using a certain product.
This disposal of chemicals must be done safely and according to safe environmental practices. For that purpose, you must do these things when disposing chemicals:
- Cleaning chemicals must not be poured down the sink
- Cleaning chemicals must not be thrown out with normal rubbish
Those are some things you need to pay extra attention when disposing cleaning chemicals in order not to contaminate the environment. Don’t forget to follow your workplace requirement when doing it.
Nurturing You to Grow!
Written by: Alan Hickman, Nick Hyland
Subject Matter: Provide food and beverage services