AJAR.id – Hello Ajarian! Housekeeping not only services the needs of the guest. As the department responsible for the cleanliness of a property, it is often called upon to handle requests made by other departments.
Therefore all departments will have requests of housekeeping. Similar to dealing with requests from guests, these requests must be handled in a professional and timely manner.
The types of requests may be varied depending on each specific situation, however there are some common staff requests including:
- Cleaning duties - of items such as furniture, carpets, equipment, windows, floors and bench surfaces
- Cleaning of in-house facilities – including public areas, change rooms and offices
- Emergency cleaning – unexpected cleaning requests
- Cleaning and servicing of staff changing rooms.
2. Staff Uniforms
- Order and supply of staff uniforms
- Providing laundry service – many properties operate their own on-premise laundry whilst other venues will use the services of an outside commercial laundry. Most staff uniforms will be cleaned through the housekeeping department.
3. Provision of Supplies
- Cleaning products, rags & equipment
- Clean linen for F&B departments...