AJAR.id – Hello Ajarian! Nowadays, we can find various chocolate product in the market. One of it is moulded chocolate. This type of chocolate product can be made by combining some ingredients. They can be containing alcohol or without alcohol.
Since chocolate is really sensitive to moisture, any flavoring has to able to be blended into the chocolate with no moisture included. These are some things you need to pay attention:
- It can have a fat content like milk powder but not milk which contains water
- Volatile oils can be used as with citrus flavors
- Cream can be used in filling but not in the chocolate couverture itself.
Common ingredients for moulded chocolate
These are some common ingredients you can use to make moulded chocolate. They can be containing alcohol or not.
- Dark Rum
- Orange liqueurs
- Coffee or coffee bean nibs
- Citrus oils
- Spices like cinnamon; nutmeg; ginger; cloves; alone or as Gingerbread spice mix
- Lavender flowers.
Before you experimenting with those combinations, make sure the new flavor is familiar with customer taste or maybe in trend. Because customer usually don’t like unfamiliar taste and the chocolate product can’t increase income.
Nurturing You to Grow!
Written by: Alan Hickman, Garry Blackburn
Subject Matter: Prepare chocolate and produce chocolate products